What is EndNote Basic?
- A web-based program that allows you to store, edit, and manage citations.
- Citations from many databases may be imported into your online account directly or from saved files of references.
- Works with Microsoft Word (requires free Cite While You Write plug-in) to allow you to automatically create in-text citations and bibliographies in a choice of publishing styles.
- Allows online sharing of folders of citations for collaborative projects.
- Available in 3 levels of features:
|User Type||Records Allowed||Attachments||
Access to Styles,
Filters, Connection Files
|Web of Science Subscribers||50,000||2G||all available|
|Desktop EndNote Owners||unlimited||5G||all available|
Create An Account
Go to www.myendnoteweb.com.
Sign up for an account from a computer on campus (using a computer with a recognized UW IP address). You can use use any email address with your EndNote Basic account. By signing up on a campus, you will have roaming access for a full year before having to log in from a campus computer again to re-authenticate your account.
Explore the EndNote Basic Interface
In order for EndNote Web to work with Microsoft Word, you must download the Cite While You Write plug-in.