Skip to main content
Meeting the educational, research and clinical information needs of the UW community.
...a fundamental prerequisite to health care innovation.
...rocket fuel for innovation.
--Todd Park, former United States Chief Technology Officer
Data is becoming increasingly available to others for review and re-use. Thus the quest for more information about raw data and its availability is becoming more common. This guide provides an introduction to the world of data in the health sciences. On the Find Data tab, you will find inks to several health sciences related repositories where you can access data for your own research.
As a researcher, you may also consider managing your own data for legal reasons, re-use, etc. The remaining tabs on this guide provide information to assist you through the steps of managing your data.
- Find Data - general considerations concerning data repositories
- Preserve/Store Data - find resources to assist researchers in identifying host sites to store data
- Describe Data - find resources to help researchers process data in preparation for storage or sharing
- Visualize Data - find resources that help researchers visualize data
- Share Data - find resources that help resarchers think through the considerations of sharing data;includes links to NIH Data Sharing Policy
- Cite Data - find resources that provide examples of ways to cite data