Skip to main content
Meeting the educational, research and clinical information needs of the UW community.
SciENcv and My Bibliography for New NIH Biosketch Format
Using the Biomedical Sciences Toolkit
Use the tabs to navigate this Biomedical Sciences Toolkit.
FUNDING YOUR RESEARCH:
- Databases for funding opportunities and awarded grants.
- Grant-Writing Guides
COLLABORATORS AND NETWORKING:
- Research networking tools.
- Search tips for finding experts and potential collaborators.
ARTICLES AND ABSTRACTS:
- Tips on choosing a database for literature searching: PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, Embase, SciFinder.
- My NCBI for Current Awareness Alerts.
- Cited Reference Searching.
CURRENT AWARENESS ALERTS
- Recommended methods for keeping up with the literature in your field.
LAB PROTOCOLS AND RESOURCES:
- Springer Protocols, JoVE video protocols.
- Research reagents, lab supplies, and lab safety information.
- Scientific databases, including genomics, molecular pathways, model organisms, drug targets, etc.
FEDERAL FUNDING REQUIREMENTS:
- NIH Public Access Policy and Data Management guidance.
- SciENcv and MyBibliography.
- Resources for in vitro and in vivo research.
- Librarian support for IACUC protocols.
- Clinical Trial Registries.
- REDCap, eagle-i, ResearchMatch
- Drug and Device Regulatory Approval Documents.
- Popular biomedical electronic journals.
- Tips on getting access to UW journal subscriptions.
- Access to e-books in subjects such as Biomedical Informatics, Immunology, Microbiology.
SEMINARS AND EVENTS:
- UW and Seattle area biomedical seminars.
Contact the Biomedical & Translational Sciences Librarian
Ask a Librarian!
We're happy to help with:
- Research Strategies and Database Searching
- Current Awareness Alerts
- Locating Collaborators or Mentors
- Using Citation Managers
- Teaching a Workshop
- Tracking Down Difficult-to-Find Information
Contact us by email or phone.
Citation Management and Writing Guides
Citations and Writing Guide
* Style guides (AMA, APA, MLA);
* Writing resources;
* Tips for using citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, Zotero).