Meeting the educational, research and clinical information needs of the UW community.
Using this Guide
This guide gathers together sources for statistics and data in the field of health sciences. Use the tabs to navigate the pages of this guide:
- Home: key starting points
- Washington State: general resources, vital statistics, health & disease, health services data, environmental & occupational health
- United States: General sources, vital statistics, health & disease, health services research data
- World: International sources, Regional and Country sources
- For More Information: pointers to tutorials and additional helpful guides to finding health statistics.
See also: Data Resources in the Health Sciences: Inventory of resources to support research data needs in the health sciences field.
National Center for Health Statistics
Wide variety of health-related statistics, including FastStats
for quick summary data.
ProQuest Statistical Insight
Index of federal, state, international, and organizational statistics. Includes American Statistics Index (1973-), Statistical Reference Index (1980-), and Index to International Statistics (1983-), and tables from the Statistical Abstract of the United States.
Descriptions of Federal datasets (metadata), information about how to access the datasets, and tools that leverage government datasets.
Datasets, tools & applications using data about health and health care gathered from US Federal government agencies.
American Factfinder - U.S. Census data
Interface for data from Census 2010 and 2000 and the 2010 American Community Survey. Tables and maps for U.S states, counties, cities, towns, by race, ethnic, ancestry, or tribal groups.
Current and historical census data and demographic information to explore demography and social change