Meeting the educational, research and clinical information needs of the UW community.
Citation Management and Writing Guides
Citations and Writing Guide
* Style guides (AMA, APA, MLA);
* Writing resources;
* Tips for using citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, Zotero).
SciENcv and My Bibliography for New NIH Biosketch Format
Using the Biomedical Sciences Toolkit
The Biomedical Sciences Toolkit provides search tips and recommended resources for faculty, students, fellows, and staff in the Biomedical Sciences. Use the tabs to navigate this guide.
FUNDING YOUR RESEARCH:
- Databases for funding opportunities and awarded grants.
- Grant-Writing Guides
COLLABORATORS AND NETWORKING:
- Husky SciVal Experts and DIRECT2Experts.
- Mentoring and team science resources.
ARTICLES AND ABSTRACTS:
- Using PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, Embase, and Biosis to find scientific literature.
- My NCBI for Current Awareness Alerts.
- Cited Reference Searching.
LAB PROTOCOLS AND RESOURCES:
- Springer Protocols, JoVE video protocols, and other lab techniques.
- Research reagents, lab supplies, and lab safety information.
- Databases for genomics, medical genetics, molecular pathways, model organisms, drug targets, etc.
FEDERAL FUNDING REQUIREMENTS:
- NIH Public Access Policy and Data Management guidance.
- Resources for in vitro and in vivo research.
- Support for IACUC protocols.
- Clinical Trial Registries.
- REDCap, eagle-i, ResearchMatch
- Drug and Device Regulatory Approval Documents.
- Popular biomedical electronic journals.
- Tips on getting access to UW journal subscriptions.
SEMINARS AND EVENTS:
- UW and Seattle area biomedical seminars.
Contact Your Biomedical & Translational Sciences Librarian
Ask a Librarian!
We're happy to help with:
- Research Strategies and Database Searching
- Current Awareness Alerts
- Locating Collaborators or Mentors
- Using Citation Managers
- Teaching a Workshop
- Tracking Down Difficult-to-Find Information
Contact us by email or phone.