Meeting the educational, research and clinical information needs of the UW community.
Recommended resources and research strategies for the biomedical sciences. Includes databases, e-journals, e-books, lab protocols, funding & collaboration resources, and tools for locating & managing references and research data.
Last Updated: Apr 9, 2014
- Citations and Writing Guide
* Style guides (AMA, APA, MLA);
* Writing resources;
* Tips for using citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, Zotero).
The Biomedical Sciences Toolkit provides search tips and recommended resources for faculty, students, fellows, and staff in the Biomedical Sciences. Use the tabs to navigate this guide.
FUNDING AND PUBLISHING RESEARCH:
- Funding opportunities and awarded grants (SciVal Funding, GrantSelect, NIH RePORTER).
- NIH Public Access Policy and Data Management guidance.
COLLABORATORS AND NETWORKING:
- Husky SciVal Experts and DIRECT2Experts.
- Finding researchers through the literature.
ARTICLES AND ABSTRACTS:
- PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, Embase, and Biosis.
- My NCBI for Current Awareness Alerts.
- Conference Abstracts.
- Cited Reference Searching.
LAB PROTOCOLS AND RESOURCES:
- Springer Protocols, JoVE video protocols, and other lab techniques.
- Research reagents, lab supplies, and lab safety information.
- Databases for genomics, medical genetics, molecular pathways, model organisms, drug targets, etc.
- Resources for in vitro and in vivo research.
- Support for IACUC protocols.
- Clinical Trial Registries.
- REDCap, eagle-i, ResearchMatch
- Drug and Device Regulatory Approval Documents.
- Popular biomedical electronic journals.
- Tips on getting access to UW journal subscriptions.
SEMINARS AND EVENTS:
- UW and Seattle area biomedical seminars.
Your feedback is appreciated! What one thing would you most like to see added to this toolkit? Take the poll below or email Diana Louden with your ideas.
What one thing would you most like to see added to this toolkit?
Click HERE to answer the 1-question poll.
We're happy to help with:
- Research Strategies and Database Searching
- Current Awareness Alerts
- Locating Collaborators or Mentors
- Using Citation Managers
- Teaching a Workshop
- Tracking Down Difficult-to-Find Information
Contact us by email or phone.