Using the Biomedical Sciences Toolkit
The Biomedical Sciences Toolkit provides search tips and recommended resources for faculty, students, fellows, and staff in the Biomedical Sciences. Use the tabs to navigate this guide.
- Databases for funding opportunities and awarded grants.
- Grant-Writing Guides
- Husky SciVal Experts and DIRECT2Experts.
- Mentoring and team science resources.
- Using PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, Embase, and Biosis.
- My NCBI for Current Awareness Alerts.
- Finding Conference Abstracts.
- Cited Reference Searching.
- Springer Protocols, JoVE video protocols, and other lab techniques.
- Research reagents, lab supplies, and lab safety information.
- Databases for genomics, medical genetics, molecular pathways, model organisms, drug targets, etc.
FEDERAL FUNDING REQUIREMENTS:
- NIH Public Access Policy and Data Management guidance.
- Resources for in vitro and in vivo research.
- Support for IACUC protocols.
- Clinical Trial Registries.
- REDCap, eagle-i, ResearchMatch
- Drug and Device Regulatory Approval Documents.
- Popular biomedical electronic journals.
- Tips on getting access to UW journal subscriptions.
- UW and Seattle area biomedical seminars.